Friday, April 22, 2011

The Butterfly

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over,
it became a butterfly"

Yesterday, while sitting on the deck having lunch with my son, I saw a beautiful butterfly - it is in these moments that I wish I had a built-in SLR. Needless to say it was long gone by the time I thought it might make a lovely subject. But then I remembered that I'd taken pictures of butterflies a while ago, so today I went on a virtual butterfly search and found them.

They are such graceful beings, so beautiful, fragile and absolute masters at flying. 

The last picture has a fair amount of movement in it, and still I think it works. I just love that pop of orange-red amid the green and the fact that it is busy drinking the nectar from that tiny purple flower is lovely!







2 comments: