Sunday, May 20, 2012

Dana & Jared's Wedding at Tanglewood Arboretum, Advance, NC - No. 3

This is my last post about the wedding - I've truly had so much fun putting these pictures, these memories together for Dana & Jared, I hope it shows!

The funny thing is that I've always said: "I'll NEVER shoot a wedding, never - that is way too much responsibility" - and now after my first go as the second shooter, I think I might be hooked and ready for more! Quite frankly trying to get good shots from a 2 year old is often more challenging! Go figure! After a 13 hour day shooting a wedding and pushing your every limit physically (that camera gets heavy), mentally and artistically you can fall into bed knowing you did your best to capture memories that will last a life time.

I feel like I've developed and grown with this experience and it has been extremely uplifting. Once again, thank you to my friend Ally  (http://www.thejourneybyally.com) for choosing me, I think you may have broadened my horizons in an intangible way!

And now back to the wedding day: after the ceremony we took a few more shots in the lush gardens before we headed to the Barn for the reception. There the couple enjoyed their first dance and the bride danced with her father, which I admit made me cry because I only recently lost my dear dad - it was so moving to me. The groom danced with his mother and then dinner was served.














Dinner was followed by cake and a few fun speeches by family and friends and then the party started! Whoooo!
















To Dana & Jared: I wish you all the best on your journey together as husband and wife! Thank you for letting me share in your special day.



On Marriage
 Kahlil Gibran
You were born together, and together you shall be forevermore.
You shall be together when the white wings of death scatter your days.
Ay, you shall be together even in the silent memory of God.
But let there be spaces in your togetherness,
And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.


Love one another, but make not a bond of love:
Let it rather be a moving sea between the shores of your souls.
Fill each other's cup but drink not from one cup.
Give one another of your bread but eat not from the same loaf
Sing and dance together and be joyous, but let each one of you be alone,
Even as the strings of a lute are alone though they quiver with the same music.


Give your hearts, but not into each other's keeping.
For only the hand of Life can contain your hearts.
And stand together yet not too near together:
For the pillars of the temple stand apart,
And the oak tree and the cypress grow not in each other's shadow.


No comments:

Post a Comment