Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Gift of Hope

Today I (finally) did something I've been meaning to do for years.

I registered to become a bone marrow donor on "Be The Match Registry operated by the National Marrow Donor Program®".

As some may know, my father has a rare blood disease called Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia. He was offered a bone marrow transplant as part of his treatment (currently the only way to cure CLL), but we both believe that the risk is too great at his age. They had already matched him with several donors and I'm very, very thankful to those people, even though we are not taking them up on the most selfless gesture anybody could make.

So now, the very least I can do, is join these donors in an attempt to save someones life and give them hope for a future.

If you are interested in joining me on this "journey of hope" you can find all the information here: www.marrow.org

"Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow."  -  Albert Einstein




2 comments:

  1. There should be more people like you in this world. You make it a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Claudia! It would be exciting to be a match for somebody and then give them the gift of life.....

    ReplyDelete