Thursday, August 11, 2011

re·veal

1.
a. To make known (something concealed or secret): revealed a confidence.
b. To bring to view; show.
Ding-dong, the door bell rang today and it was UPS. I always say that I love the chocolate brown truck, but today the delivery was super sweet!
This, my dear friends (and clients), is my new "toy". It is the awesomeness that is called Canon EOS 60D paired with a Tamron SP AF28-75mm F/2.8 (and the name goes on) lens, which is going to give me the most beautiful images. With a fixed 2.8 aperture, bokeh (that beautiful fuzziness we all love) is no longer a dream but a reality on all shots! Which means I can "blur-out" a multitude of sins in the background.

Thank you too all my friends who have supported me in this dream. We don't have that many friends here in the USA (since we've only been here for 2 1/2 years) but most of them have let me take pictures and I know will support me in the future. Many of you have spoken wonderful words of encouragement, telling me I have a gift, a good eye and the stuff to make it and that has helped me tremendously. I promise to keep doing what I'm doing, and now, with this beautiful black baby pictured above we will get even better results! 

And now I'm off to get to know my new baby! I won't be shooting with her for a little while, we first need to get to know each other a bit better, I think....

2 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with a Canon! Excellent choice! Have fun with yournew gadget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm a Canon Girl, always have been. I have a Rebel T1i, so this is a nice step up. This camera is like the Rebel's big sister!

    ReplyDelete