Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Florida, Kennedy Space Center & Bahamas Cruise - another one of our happy family trips

In January my family and I went on a little trip further South to Florida (we sure do get around). There we visited the Kennedy Space Center (a long-standing dream for my husband). We also boarded a 3 night cruise to the Bahamas from Port Canaveral. I can't believe that I've not posted any pictures, somehow they got forgotten in the craziness of life.

Since it was a dream come true for Ben and a wonderful opportunity to show my son the miracle that is space travel, we splurged and went for the KSC Up-Close Tour. The KSC Up-Close Tour features an inside view of the Vehicle Assembly Building (VAB) - they had Shuttle Endevour there in at the time of our tour, which was heaven for my boys!

We also got to walk along the Transfer Aisle, used to move elements of rockets among the building's four High Bays. This building is humongous!  Other sites on the KSC Up-Close Tour included the NASA Causeway and the amazing Apollo/Saturn V Center.

And I even touched the MOON - well at least a triangular piece of it! Alex squealed with delight at the sight of the astronaut, what joy! Now when you ask Alex what he wants to be when he grows up you'll hear: "A space guy!!"

After a fabulous time at the Kennedy Space Center we made our way to Port Canaveral where our cruise ship, the Monarch of the Seas was waiting for us. The cruise was fun despite finding out that both my boys get sea sick, something to consider when booking a cruise. We enjoyed the sun and the beach in the Bahamas in the middle of our winter and it was good to have a dip in the ocean.

We had fun! Enjoy the pictures!














Touching the Moon!









No comments:

Post a Comment