Friday, May 4, 2012

Expanding Horizons


Yesterday I I had such fun updating the "About" page of my website and it now reads as follows:

Thanks for visiting!
It must have been the Kodak Disc 4000 camera with the  super-cool disk film negative I was given in the 80s that got me hooked and helped fuel my passion for photography. I have been taking pictures ever since.

After a wonderful 11 year career in the tourism industry in South Africa and working for several large Tour Operators, I turned my attention to fulfilling the most important and meaningful role of my life: giving birth and raising my precious boy. In 2007 we moved to Dubai for a year before relocating to the United States. I am now happily settled in Suwanee, a small city outside of Atlanta, Georgia with my husband and son - and life is good.

As a mother of a young boy, I'm constantly inspired by his curiosity, inquisitive nature, and absolute boundless energy as he explores the world around him. Many of these moments, I capture through my photography for my family and friends to enjoy as he grows and matures.

During my photo shoots I like to just take time to let things happen, naturally. The images that are unplanned, unscripted and completely spontaneous and free are the ones that my clients cherish the most. They truly document their family and capture a moment in time that will be cherished for a lifetime.
I would love to spend some time with you and your family to play and explore and let things unfold to capture a few special moments in your lives.

 Some random facts:
I have 2 passports (legally!). A German one and a South African one.
I met my husband on the internet – we like to call the internet our mutual friend.
I was born in Iran.
I love chocolate (almost as much as I love photography!).

In my bag:
Canon EOS 5D mark ii
Canon EOS 60D (back-up camera)
Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens
Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0 L IS USM Lens
Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Lens
Metz mecablitz 50 AF-1 Flash

You might read that and think, oh that's cute...

I read it and I see 5 "words" nearly right at the end: "Canon EOS 5D mark ii"! And my heart literally jumps a beat. Yesterday at about 6pm it FINALLY arrived (after a failed delivery attempt the day before), my very own, long coveted 5D....paired with my second piece of L glass (Canon EF 24-105mm f/4 L IS USM Lens). I am in photography heaven. Isn't she beautiful??!









Since my new baby only arrived late yesterday I have not had a lot of time to play around with it but I'm sure I'll get to that this weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, this is nice! The 5D is such a great camera. Wishing you many hours of joy and stunning pictures :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, Ruan!! I'm sure I'll have many, many hours of fun with this one - that is what it is all about! I hope you and your lovely family are well.

    ReplyDelete