Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Baby becomes Toddler - happy 1st Birthday!

Last Saturday I had tons of fun taking pictures of my buddy baby C at our local park, except he's not such a baby anymore and now seriously on the move! This must be one of the most challenging ages to document because they are on the go, go, go and always looking down as they do so. I was running back and forth with him at times, so I got my exercise in that day! At some point I wondered if knee & elbow pads as well as a helmet would be appropriate, so that I could just fling myself on the ground to catch a shot of his adorable face.

It always surprises me how we (the Mom and I) plan the shoot meticulously, discuss props and clothing well in advance, get everything set up beautifully and then it just all happens completely differently. I have these visions in my head and in the end the result is utterly gorgeous but completely different. Just goes to show that I am at the mercy of my 1 year old subject and that keeps me on my toes (literally too!). But I have so much fun doing it!


This was my 4th session with Master C. and it has been an absolute joy to watch him grow. For me it is all about these relationships and the opportunity they give me to witness the development and change as well as seeing the joy my capturing the moments brings to those that let me be a part of the magic!





















No comments:

Post a Comment