Tuesday, September 6, 2011

You can't keep a good woman down (for long)

I've just realized that I have not updated my followers on my health situation for a while.

After finalizing all of the tests required in my differential diagnosis process, I was officially diagnosed with Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension aka Pseudo-tumor Cerebri and put on medication to treat the "oversupply" of CSF fluid surrounding my brain and spine.

Just over two weeks ago I had a follow-up appointment with my ophthalmologist and he found that my optic nerve swelling (Papilledema) had improved by more than 50% and that result was more than he would typically expect. I was tickled pink!

Now we are hopeful that after another 3 months of medication we can start the weening off phase and I'll hopefully have then made a full recovery.

To date I have lost almost 20 lbs and I am very proud! Quite frankly, this would have been THE perfect time to comfort eat but instead I took charge of my life and together with the medication and the initial lumbar puncture my result speaks volumes.

My husband has been a rock and such a support through it all - thank you Schatz! Six years ago we both said these words as part of our vows: "....loving you faithfully through good times and bad, regardless of the obstacles we may face together...."  and this has most certainly been tested! Guess what? We passed!
My son has adapted so well, sometimes he doesn't want those fries either - so he has supported me without even realizing it! 

Thank you to everyone for your continued support, your thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to have so many people across the world on my team!

I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, I live in hope that soon I will be in complete remission and that all of this will be behind me (and us) for good. 

“Eagles come in all shapes and sizes, but you will recognize them chiefly by their attitudes.” - E. F. Schumacher

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment